Our dogs are very special. They work as part of a partnership with a Veteran to help improve quality of life, but they are more than just a partner, to a Veteran they can be their whole world.
Not only do they provide a basic foundation for promoting healthy routines and living, they help their Veterans:
- With re-integration and socialisation
- To recognise early symptoms of anxiety or emotional distress
- Interrupt nightmares
- Increase confidence and a sense of belonging to civilian society
- Re-engage with responsibilities
- Increase self-esteem and self-worth